Sunday, March 29, 2009

Some Bad News

An update on our little spring nest with eggs:

Ever since our discovery of the nest we have been checking on it daily. It became a fun ritual for my children and I.

All was going well until this afternoon when a dust devil ripped through the backyard. My husband and I immediately came to recover the tarp that was blown into the side of the tree and I checked the nest.

Unfortunatley all the tiny eggs were thrown from the nest to the ground below. All of them cracked, I am so sad. The nest is still in tact within the branches. Hopefully it's still early enough into spring that momma bird will have another chance. :(

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awww that is too sad!
We had swallows nest under our deck last year and they hatched and fledged..it was great for the kids and I...I will have to post some pics.