Monday, September 27, 2010

Skeleton Candles

I really enjoy decorating the house for Halloween. I created a few items for upcoming workshops using this month's Stamp of the Month called Thriller. It's a really awesome stamp set! I will have more pics of some other projects I have made, but wanted to share these candles with you today and to participate in the Halloween Hop on Tresa Black's blog.




The candles are left over from summer, but the green works perfectly with the purple and black and I also like how the tops are already a bit melted! For the skeleton I used versamark and black embossing powder on white daisy card stock. I then second generation stamped some flourishes on the card stock and then sponged purple ink everywhere except the skull faces. It really makes them pop. The entire piece of white card stock was then mounted onto black and wrapped around the candle base. Really easy and super spooky!

3 comments:

Becky B. said...

Love these candles on your black candleabra...the green look terrific with the purple!

Haley D. said...

Spooktacular candelabra!

Laurel said...

Wow these are fabulous!