Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Home Made From the Heart

A few years ago I met a group of ladies from my church. Our children are close in age and we quickly found that we all had a passion for cooking. We started getting together at each others homes to cook and let the kids hang out. We always have a feast to eat and several stories and laughs are shared.

We had our Christmas get together last weekend and as usual had more than enough food to eat. Thank goodness our "guys" like to eat too! I wanted to give them something special for Christmas. Here is what they received.



My little tag cards with this darling snowman matched perfectly with the gift bag.



The tag swings open to reveal the greeting.



M&M cookies in a jar look so festive! It looks as if the M&M's are packed in snow!





The Holiday Fudge bars was an idea from a friend and the Close To My Heart consultant that I signed up under. The poem is to the tune of Jingle Bells.






I fell in love with chocolate popcorn when I discovered it at a little novelty shop. When we moved I had to figure out how to make it myself. The red and green M&M's and colored chocolate make it perfect for Christmas. It's awfully hard to eat just plain buttered popcorn now!



Yummy!


And of course I must include some paper craft items. I made some Holiday Cap Magnets using some old bottle caps and the Believe papers.


I adore these gals, they have really become a part of my life. I hope they enjoy all their goodies and can't wait for the next get~together. I wonder what we'll eat...chicken curry, pea soup, tamales, lumpia, tiramisu.....?

1 comment:

TINA said...

Ok, that popcorn looks AMAZINGLY YUMMY!!! Are you willing to share the recipe? Love your Christmas cards too!