Thursday, January 9, 2014

Clean Slate

Hello! Happy 2014! I'm preparing for some new crafting projects and this first project is the perfect start....or should I say finish!? I am playing with The Paper Players this week. Their challenge titled "clean slate" is to create a project with the chalkboard technique. The title really got me thinking though??? Make a clean slate or to start a new meant that I should at least finish other projects I have already started, being my 2013 scrapbook. I always finish my album with a "pocket" page to store and display those awesome holiday photo cards we receive at Christmas. So that is where I started my "clean slate"!

 
This year I made my own family photo card through Shutterfly. That was my jumping off point for my pocket page. It had a black background that was perfect to play with the chalkboard technique. The black was the base page and then I added a 6x12 piece of white card stock to the front. {the pocket} I dressed up the edges with some Washi tape. I also attached my photo card with some Washi tape so that I could peel it back to reveal the back of my card that has a picture of our pooch and greeting. I dressed it up with faux chalk pen stitching, stamping in white daisy pigment ink, some banner pieces and an area for some journaling. 


Then I fill the page with all those cool photo cards from friends and family. I love doing this page in every album! Have you tried the chalkboard technique? See lots of ideas on the Paper Players Blog!

2 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Not only is this a fabulous project and a great use of the chalkboard technique, I LOVE the idea of a pocket to store all those wonderful pictures! I never know what to do with them--great idea! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

What fun that you used the chalkboard technique for scrapbook pages! They look great! I love how you thought through the "clean slate" concept too. I need to finish up lots of projects! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Amy!