Tuesday, October 28, 2014

An Artfully Sent Halloween

I am having so much fun playing with the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge. Oddly enough, I've only explored a few pages and the possibilities are endless!! Here are just a few cards I've created using the Halloween themed keys.

On this first card I created a simple front using the ghosts that were cut out from the inside of the card and the sentiment "BOO"  was actually cut from the Artbooking cartridge. It's a pretty plain front, but the star is the scene on the inside of the card.


I told you the inside was the star! How cool is this haunted scene inside? The house is popped up as you open the card along with the fence.


Not only does this cartridge cut cards, but it can also cut out the PML cards for scrapbooking. Here I cut out one of the 4x6 sentiment cards. Being frugal I saved all the cut out letters and then started rearranging them to make up other words. Finally, I decided on the word "candy" and a card was created! Isn't that what Halloween is all about?


Then I created another card with the PML sentiment card. For this I simply added some background papers and few other embellishments to the front of a 5x7 base.


Candy corn kisses is a sentiment card that is super easy to make. I mounted the entire card on white daisy card stock but only after I pieced some colors for the candy behind. I wanted the word "kisses" to stand out more, so for this I simply filled it in with a yellow marker.


Here is another border card as you saw earlier with the "candy" sentiment. This was my demo card at a recent workshop. I wanted to show how fast and easy creating one of these cards can be. It just requires some cutting on your machine, a paper piece behind, some stamping and a couple embellishments.


Once you get a hang of the simpler cuts, you can then get a little more adventurous! Here I combined two different cards to create one. I love the bold colorful sentiment on the spider web. Just a few spiders to dress it up. Even though it looks fancier, it really was not that difficult as the Cricut does all the work for you still!!



I hope you enjoyed all these Artfully Sent Halloween cards. I can't wait to create Christmas cards next!

No comments: