Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Card Exchange 2010

As promised here are pics of all the Christmas cards that were exchanged this past Saturday. Some of these women have participated with me in past years while some are brand new. Their creations are always amazing and each idea is so different.

Pat~ I love shapely cards! Her ornament is beautiful and the snowflake paper from Mistletoe is one of my favorites this year!


Nikki~ Her sweet little Christmas tree card is just as fun and sparkly as her personality!
Allison~ Look at this cute gang of characters! Lots of detail and I love the pop of blue.

Tommie~ A hedgehog never looked cuter. I'd say he's ready for the Holidays!


Peggy~ Always elegant! The photo simply does not do this card justice. The holly leaves, words and ornament are all embossed and the entire red snowflake paper in the background is covered in a prisma glitter!


Stacie~ Simple clean lines is her style. These presents are perfectly packaged. My fave detail is the tiny tree tag on top.

Janet~ Fancy folding and elegant embossing makes this card gorgeous. Check the next photo for a peek inside.


Julie~ A glittery blue snowflake really pops on a black background. Some embossed flourishes and bling finish her card beautifully.

Finally, here is my own card that was made to exchange, but is also a personal gift to each of these ladies. Through television and email advertising I caught on to a trend of purple and red together. I'm not normally a big fan of purple, but it seemed to be everywhere this season. Organdy ribbon, cream lace and damask embossing added an elegance to this card. The Santa also added a bit of vintage appeal.

My gift is what was on the "inside". For each of the gals I burned a CD of some of my favorite Christmas songs. Old classics like Crosby and Sinatra, to fun favorites I sing with my kids like Mr. Grinch and the Chipmunks Christmas song! Each disk was tucked safely inside a pocket.

A clever gift idea no doubt, but I wanted to provide them a CD jacket to keep their disc safe all year long. I decorated the inside cover and provided them with a list of all the tracks.



Everyone did an amazing job and it was fun to get together. The ideas are all so unique and truly inspired me, I hope they inspire you too! I will post the ornaments we exchanged next, talk about inspiration!!
{Thank you ladies for all your hard work and sharing your talent.}

No comments: