Monday, November 28, 2011

December Card Club

It is sometimes difficult to find the perfect gift for that special someone. I often find myself purchasing a gift card for that person or sending money. Rather than throwing that card or bills in an envelope, I think it's better to package it beautifully. That is my theme for my last Card Club class. Two of the cards are made to perfectly fit a gift card while the third is designed for the ever appreciated cash!

This first card/tag was inspired by the one and only Jeanette Lynton. In her Shape-a-Day series she featured a gorgeous Holiday tag using several shapes from the Art Philosophy cartridge. For my card I sealed the bottom and one end so I could tuck a tag in the middle. This creates the perfect place for my gift card.




I've seen many different takes on the "coffee cup" card, but no templates did I find. So I just made it up as I went along. I've got a long list of recipients that would love a gift card to their favorite coffee house!






Last but not least, I wanted so badly to incorporate a Christmas stocking into one of my cards. The shape is cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I dolled it up with lace ribbon, buttons and holly leaves. It has an opening at the top perfect for some Christmas cash!





This should be a great class. The Card Club has been fun this year, can't wait for new classes next year!

No comments: