Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Canvas Art Workshop

Last month I gave the Workshop on the Go Canvas Art Kit a try! It was really fun to create and very simple to do. If you have ever thought about trying this project, July is the perfect time to get the kit for 50% off. {Click on the Current Specials tab at the top for more details.}


Let me show you how I did mine ~

This is everything you get in the kit. 12x12 canvas with chevron striping, sparkle flourishes, hemp baker's twine, MyAcrylix exclusive stamp set, 2 sets of chipboard pre-printed dimensional elements and instruction booklet to guide you through every step.


Other items needed to complete your canvas art not included in the kit are Cocoa Ink Pad, Liquid Glass, 3D foam tape and blocks for the stamps 1x 3 1/2, 2x2, 3x3.

First step is to decide what photo's you want to use, the suggested sizes are 5x7 and 2 1/2 x 2 1/2. Pick the color frame for them from the dimensional elements. Also choose the other embellishments and banner pieces you want to add. These will get stamped in Cocoa ink on the chipboard and allow them to dry well. I used a little bit of liquid glass to adhere my photo's to the frame. Allow these to dry well also.


I added the baker's twine around my large photo and adhered it first to the canvas as it is the biggest focal point on the frame. I used some liquid glass as well as some large glue dots to secure it to the canvas. My smaller photo frame was adhered with some 3D foam squares for added dimension. Then I just played with the banner pieces and all the other elements creating little clusters around the photographs.


It was a really fun project and seriously took me a little bit of time.

Then I discovered plenty of leftover pieces from my project. Well, I just couldn't let them go to waste!


So I created a two-page layout for some crazy pictures I took earlier in the week!


I used the left over 5x7 frame, olive green banner and some other elements to showcase how my son "tomahawks" a watermelon! {no persons or dogs were harmed in this photo shoot!}



My son has been begging me to buy a watermelon just so he could chop it up. It was all in good fun and a refreshing treat on a 110` day. Our beagle watched for awhile, then did some investigating. I don't think she liked the taste of the watermelon but enjoyed licking the cold water from it!

What do you think about creating beautiful artwork for your home, plus a layout or cards from leftovers for only $19.95? I think it's a fantastic deal and will be a great project to do indoors on a blistering hot Summer day! Place your order through me directly or online at www.amysart.ctmh.com .

No comments: