Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rock Star Banner

My son celebrates his Birthday today. He is my Rock Star and all around awesome kid. I wanted to surprise him when he got home from school today, so in a hurry I made this banner to hang directly in his view upon entering the house. I literally had an hour to create it before I had to head off to work. {I have a witness to the madness if you don't believe it} I made the tags look like tickets. My son is a big Killers fan and really into his music. He can't wait to spend his money on i-tunes.

The tags measure 4x6 and made from white daisy cardstock. I then covered them with You Rock B&T pattern paper. I used a circle punch to cut the corners off each of them. I used Star Power stamp set to stamp the guitar in mixed colors, then embossed it again in black and cut it out. All the letters, from Rustic Alphabet, were also embossed in black. I mounted them on colored cardstock to coordinate with the pattern paper and attached to the tag. I then punched 2 holes in the tops of each and ran white string through the holes. To keep the tags from sliding around I glued some thick orange ribbon to the tops of the tag, pleated it and stapled it to secure. I added the "you" to the top of the guitar using Cocktail Alphabet.

His response to it when I got home was: "That's really cool Mom, you were thinking about me today". "I think about you everyday" I told him. We'll complete our evening with his choice of Cheesy Chili Dogs and a tower of Fudge Brownies with a candle on top!!! Total Teenager!





No comments: