Saturday, October 13, 2012

Skull Makeover

Do you ever just feel like your skull needs a makeover?


Earlier this week I shared my Spooky Elegant table setting with you. Remember my martini of skulls?


I wasn't 100% satisfied with how they looked in the store. They were purchased from Walmart for less than a dollar, so giving them a quick makeover was no problem. They looked dull and were a gray coloring.

So I painted them with a couple coats of white craft paint. In this photograph I only have the first coat on it.

Once the white paint dried I dry brushed the eye and nose sockets as well as the mouth and gums with black paint. To set the paint and avoid future scratching I coated them with lacquer. Every skull needs a little shine!

You have to come back and see how I used these skulls again in a new table scape! Here is a sneak peek for you!!

1 comment:

Cody Doll said...

Wow. I love your skull makeover and the way you made the place settings.

Thanks for sharing,
Cody
solemnsound.blogspot.com