Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just Peachy!

Whew! I just completed my Recipe Box Workshop. I think the ladies had a good time and all of the boxes were wonderful. So here is one last card to inspire and a quick & easy recipe for you!

The card was inspired by Angela the Closet Crafter who did an adorable 'peach' card with a tag for last weeks challenge. I thought Angela's idea of making peaches from a 'cherry' stamp set was brilliant! The colors are sweet leaf (from Cherry-o), taffy, crystal blue and chocolate. I did some paper piecing to give the bowl and peaches some dimension. The finishing details are a scallop punch border, faux stitching and chocolate brads.



The recipe today is one that I love to eat when I'm craving something sweet, but want to keep it some~what healthy. You start with nonfat vanilla yogurt in the bottom of a bowl. Then add some canned or fresh peaches over the yogurt. Finally, I top it all with some whipping cream and low fat granola.
It's Just Peachy!


No comments: