Thursday, October 24, 2013

Artbooking Luminaries

Are you looking for something special to add to your Holiday décor? Perhaps the center of your Thanksgiving table? The project I taught yesterday is the perfect item! A fall luminary created on the Cricut machine with the newest Artbooking cartridge. Using a layover cut from one of the mini book designs I was able to create a four sided luminary box. It was decorated with some fall leaves and just a touch of glitter! It's simple and gorgeous!



Just for fun I experimented with creating a Christmas version. This time I used half of an overlay from a 12x12 scrapbook page and closed it around the back creating a sphere. I also backed it with some vellum giving it a stained glass effect. You could easily color the vellum to create a more colorful stain glass too! Just a simple poinsettia cut from the Artiste cartridge and leaves from Art Philosophy. {sharing the cartridge love!!}

 
{P.S. I only use battery operated candles in my paper luminaries!}

2 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

These are just beautiful! Nice work!!

Anonymous said...

Can you give dimensions? I'd love to make this!