Thursday, October 3, 2013

Artbooking Mini Baby Album

I am in love with the mini albums that you can create on the new Cricut Artbooking cartridge. My latest piece of art is for my niece and nephew expecting their second child, a little boy! My inspiration for the book came directly from the baby shower announcement.


I loved the grey chevron pattern, white chalky writing and the blue bow. That was my inspiration and color base for the mini album.


All of the pages and most of the embellishments all came from the same mini book keys. However, there were a few items that were on the scrapbooking layout key and that darling bow comes from the Artiste cartridge. The book has five pages and an envelope for little keepsakes.


Do you remember this chevron paper with the shiny embossing? It's from the Dream Pop paper kit which I just happened to have a little bit leftover! Perfect match to the invitation!


I love pages with pockets! They are great for tucking in tags, extra photo's or memorabilia!


These tags will be handy for recording all the important information about the little guy!


Not only does the page cut out the edge with the 'baby' sentiment, but there are also keys with adorable photo mats!




This little envelope cuts out on the cricut, then you simply fold it and adhere it together. It will be perfect for keeping the hospital bracelet band or perhaps the strands of his first haircut.



More pockets! These will keep some family photo's. Don't you just love that layover piece!



Finally the last page with some fun stamped sentiments and some more of those cool layover pieces.


I hope this mini album inspires you to try one for yourself. {no new babies on the way? this album would be adorable for a new pet in your family too!}

Come back soon as I will be showing you my Halloween mini album. The ladies are creating this spooky mini book this Saturday. I promise it will be frightfully fun!

1 comment:

Jayma Malme said...

This is fabulous, Amy! I was gonna use the myCrush books for baby albums but you've inspired me to do a mini book at least for the birth :-)