Monday, February 6, 2012

Love challenge on Heart 2 Heart

Valentine's Day is just around the corner! One of my favorite sayings is from the Moulin Rouge movie..."One of the greatest gifts in life is to love and be loved"...or something like that!! I feel blessed to have so many people in my life that I love and to feel their love in return.

I made something for this week's challenge on Heart 2 Heart for someone who is very special to me, my husband! Using the Cricut Cartridge I was able to make this 3D heart box. To cut it the largest size possible I chose the "fit to page" button and then "cut". Once the shape is cut all that's left is folding, gluing and decorating. I chose to do some big roses in the Sweetheart papers from last year. They too are cut on the Cricut machine. A little "love" pennant and shear ribbon were just the right finishing touches.



The space in the heart is plenty room for all sorts of gifts like candy, travel lotions, cologne, etc. I can't say what I'm putting in this heart, because there might be blogger spies out there and I don't want my hubby to know what he's getting!!!



Here is a close up of the roses and pennant~


6 comments:

Amy Pitts said...

Cute - this would be perfect for valentines cards at school! I hope your hubby enjoys his box.

Carla said...

There are so many things that we could do with this box! You have given me so many ideas with your beautiful creation!!!!
And thank you for the Cricut tip! :)

Haley D. said...

Very sweet! I'm sure hubby will love it- and the goodies.

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

I like how you mixed the bouquet of flowers! Some opened, some not so much - gives interest to a sweet Valentine.

Lucy Kelleher said...

Love your heart box! Thanks for sharing :)

Lucy
http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

Romaine said...

Amy, don't you juts love the versatility? Your rolled flowers turned out so great! What is your secret to getting them glued tight? I have tried so many ways and it is always hit and miss for me... :0/