Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sew it ~ Stamp it!

I wanted to share a little gift I purchased and made for my sister. She plays with fabrics, while I play with paper. I dream of us combining our talents and running a business of our own one day! She has made me and my kids phenomenal quilts and duvet covers. When she completes her hand made works of art she always puts her signature, the date, and a sentiment on the back corner.

One of my daily emails from Pick Your Plum featured some cool block stamps that could be personalized. I loved the little sewing machine and knew it would be perfect for her. She can use the stamp directly on the fabrics or can even stamp it on card stock if she wanted to attach a tag to her craft sale items.
 

I could never just give her the stamp in the plastic bag it came in! I broke it in by inking it up and stamping it on one of Close To My Heart's linen drawstring bags. I used olive ink which is one of her favorite colors. Now she has a great little bag to keep her stamp in and can easily be found in her craft room when she is ready to use it! {BTW~her sewing room is always waaaay cleaner than my scrapbooking room}



The finishing touch was a chevron pattern stamped on the bottom of the bag and some ribbon just to make it fancy! The ribbon was created by spritzing some Heidi Swapp Color Shine on some color-ready ribbon. I loved the combination of gold and chartreuse, I think it would have been too plain if I only did green. Plus its a little bit sparkly now!!


I gave my sister her little gift last weekend and she was really surprised! I can't wait to see what she uses it on!

No comments: