Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Watercolor Butterfly

Last week I decided to get out some really old watercolor paper. I wanted to experiment with some water coloring using our stamps and re-inkers. After a couple attempts I liked one of the images and created a card with it.

I am submitting this card to Heart 2 Heart Challenges this week for their "green with envy" theme! Be sure to stop by their blog to see all the fabulous green artwork! I chose to feature Pear for my green! It's so bright and happy!



To make the butterfly I lightly misted my watercolor paper with water. Then I put a few drops of Lagoon and Pear re-inker on a plastic saucer and gently mixed them so they were touching. Then I stamped the butterfly image in the ink and stamped it on the watercolor paper. The inks will bleed into the paper. I then dried it with my heat tool. Lastly, I stamped the butterfly in black ink and cut it out.

I'm sure there are all sorts of ways to achieve a "watercolor look". I was simply just playing and experimenting and I suggest that you try whatever you like. Who know what you'll discover and the best part is you'll have fun!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Beautiful card! I love using pear as well :). Thanks for linking up with us at H2H!

Nikka Geers said...

What a cool look. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful example of watercolor.