Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Skull Onesie

What do you do when your attending a baby shower and the theme is gray, teal and skulls? You create a totally awesome baby shower card!

I knew that the Artfully Sent cartridge had a baby onesie swing card, it would just need a little tweaking. I used some chevron gray Geogie paper on the inside and backed it with some lagoon paper to meet the colors of the theme. Then I cut the onesie piece out of some red textured paper so it would stand out on the card. I used the skull image from the Cricut cartridge, but was really uncertain if it would cut so small and intricate. Luckily the Cricut Explore machine is the bomb and got the job done perfectly!




We gifted the soon to be parents a gift card for where they were registered. Placing the gift card inside of the card was not an option as the swing design does not really hold it securely. So instead I cut a chevron sleeve from the same cartridge and dressed it up with another onesie and a welcome baby sentiment. However, instead of another skull I placed the letter 'A' on the front because the babies name will begin with that letter.


I recently created another chevron sleeve card for school this week as we celebrate Dr. Seuss' Birthday! Be sure to follow me on Instagram so you don't miss fun projects like this one!



No comments: