Monday, June 27, 2016

Manly Thank You Box

Not too long ago I shared with you some cards I created with the guys in mind. The cards were masculine and would be great for a husband, brother or father. Shortly after my man themed card workshop, I was preparing for my nephew's graduation. I'm not a fan of just giving cash, although it is always well received,  I like to give a little gift that was handmade by me.

I decided to make a box full of some Thank You cards for my nephew to give to those in attendance at his graduation party or gave him a graduation gift. He could also use them to write a note to a teacher or mentor that was a great influence to him through his schooling years. Either way, I felt the cards needed to be simple and masculine.


The cards and box were decorated with the Urban paper collection. I used a couple of distressing techniques and adorned the box with some triangle studs. What's more manly than diamond plate and messy ink blots?!


Since I decorated a box to hold the cards I am entering this project in Heart 2 Heart's 3D challenge this week. The studs and chipboard "J" are also 3D on the cover of the box. {The J is for my nephew's name. He can store other trinkets in the box when all the cards have been mailed out.}


The card itself is a simple design with the center focus on a Cricut cut "thanks". I used just a bit of decoration on the envelope as well.


The Urban papers are essential for those manly cards or projects. Be sure to get them before they retire at the end of July!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Such a masculine set, just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

Lauren said...

What a great set of masculine cards- perfect for gift giving! Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

Laurie Levorson said...

This is an awesome set of cards! I love Urban paper so much and you really created some great cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

Unknown said...

This is a great card set! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

Brandi said...

Great cards, I love them! I have such a hard time with Masculine cards, they are awesome! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Jody Gustafson said...

Amy, Congrats on being June's sweetheart at H2H. Love all your inspirational goodies!