Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sticky Pretzels

As promised a fun treat to make for any occasion, but made especially fun on the holidays! I call them sticky pretzels, but they are also referred to as Turtle Pretzels. Here are pictures of me and my daughter making some before Halloween.





These are really simple to make. I found these bat and pumpkin pretzels at Walmart. I lined a cookie sheet with foil, coat with non-stick spray and arrange pretzels 1" apart. Top each pretzel with a caramel. Bake in 300` oven for 5-8 minutes, just until caramels begin to melt.



Remove cookie sheet from oven and spoon about 1 tsp. melted chocolate onto each caramel. Immediately press 1 pecan half onto each pretzel. Place cookie sheet in freezer until candy is set, about 10 minutes.





Ingredients:
24 small pretzels
24 unwrapped caramels
3/4 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
24 pecan halves (you can toast them if you like)


Recipe modified from Foodgeeks.com

No comments: