Friday, January 22, 2010

Pockets on my Pages

I am so close to completing my 2009 family scrapbook. Here are just a few last pages I created for it. What makes them unique is that they have "pockets"! Creating pockets on your pages are a great way for storing unusual items or memorabilia.

For this first page I was making a layout for my daughter's Christmas play. She played the part of Mrs. Claus and I thought it would be cool to hold on to the script and sheet music. There are a couple pages stapled together that she can pull from the pocket and read again to bring back memories. My page here is not complete, however I will include photo's from the event along with a list of the cast members featured in the play.



This next page is something that I started a few years back. The very last page in my scrapbooks are a "pocket page" made purposely for all of those post cards and photo's we receive from family and friends every year. These are the latest pictures of friends, cousins, nieces and nephews and I would hate to lose them. By creating a pocket page I can easily look back every year and see their smiling faces!




Here is a top view so you can see that the pocket was hidden behind all of the cute houses. I used a strip of cardstock as an example of an insert, but believe me, once I fill in the post cards and photos this pocket will be bursting at the seams!


Supplies: (all CTMH) Jingle Paper Level 2; cardstock and ink in the following colors: black, white daisy, juniper, creme brulee, tulip and olive; Stamps: Heartfelt Christmas, Felicity Alphabet, Around the Block; Embellishments: Creme Brulee ribbon, twinkle brads

No comments: