Wednesday, January 27, 2010

With Sympathy

It's very rare that I create sympathy cards. Quite simply they are made because of an unfortunate event or out of sadness. I much prefer Birthday cards, Thank You cards, etc. Sometimes you just can't avoid it though.

I was able to use some new products on these cards which made it a bit easier. The reason for making them is that my Uncle passed away this past weekend leaving his wife, my Aunt {whom also happened to be my God parents} and two daughters with families of their own. As I created the cards, I was able to reflect back on some memories. I realized that the process was quite therapeutic. Hopefully these cards will give you inspiration when you are not inspired to do something that is unavoidable.




{blue b&t paper from Caboodle, cardstock, stamp "TLC", white daisy ribbon (CTMH) scallop punch (Stampin' up)}



{garden green and creme brulee b&t paper from Veranda, frame stamp "Jan. SOTM True Friends", phrase "TLC", twilight organdy ribbon, antique brass brads, all CTMH}



{b&t from Veranda, cardstock, stamps "Love Birds" & "Doodle Alphabet", phrase stamp "Say it in Style", cocoa buttons, inks and water brush all CTMH}



No comments: