Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine Goodies

Yesterday I created my daughter's Valentine treats to pass out to her classmates. I had a few ideas in mind for this project, here's how it all came together.

On our weekly shopping trip I let my daughter pick out the goodies she wanted to give with each Valentine. She chose the Air Heads taffy candy which had the cutest flying cupids delivering a very hip message. They also had perfect valentine colors of purple, pink, red and a pop of shiny gold! The candy inspired the next ideas!




Inspired by the candy choice, I used CTMH exclusive colors of Hydrangea, Bubble Gum, Holiday Red, Amethyst, & White Daisy. Because of the darling cupid featured on the wrapper I wanted to incorporate the heart and wings from the Star Power stamp set. I was also dying to use these new envelopes and scalloped mini cards. {Stampin' Up}

Here is everything cut out and inked up. Those are 28 hearts and 56 wings I had to cut out. {what else is there to do while watching Super Bowl Pre-Game show}





Here are all the cards assembled and waiting for the gold glitter to dry. {Martha Stewart}




Here is the finished Valentine card. Ain't it SWEET! The heart and wings were rock and rolled in 2 inks then cut out and sponged in ink. The wings were given just a touch of gold glitter. You'll notice that the card base is on textured cardstock in Bubble Gum pink and there is a small square of White Daisy textured cardstock as well. Adding the textured cardstock became another goal in this project because of this month's promotion. You can find out more about Hearts For Haiti at the end of this post.



When my daughter was in first grade I made this mailbox for her to collect her cards and treats. It was a class contest. The base is a shoe box. At the time I had it mounted on a wood post and it was standing in a pot of gorgeous purple flowers. She won best valentine collection box and it amazes me that she has kept it for 5 years now. She will use it to collect her Valentines this year again.






She will tote her Valentines in the mailbox to school.



This is the finished project. I tucked the card into the envelope and then 2 air heads carefully not to burst the seams. {it was a tight fit} We then found some old stickers that had my daughter's name on them. This made it really quick to finish them off, rather than signing her name on all 28 of them. These should be fun to give and receive!




Do you like the textured cardstock I used for this project? During the month of February you can purchase a pack of textured cardstock and get one free. For every purchase Close To My Heart will donate $2 to Operation Smile for Haiti relief efforts. Please go to www.closetomyheart.com for more information and wonderful artwork using the textured cardstock.



No comments: