Sunday, February 27, 2011

A "Cool" New Product + {H2H Challenge}

I've been experimenting this weekend with a fun new product in the Spring Idea Book. The Color Ready Kraft Borders are wonderful. Some great features of this product are that the cutting is done for you already as is the adhesive as you simply peel and stick. Love that! They come in a 12" length so they are perfect for scrapbook pages or you can simply cut them down to fit any project you are working on. They are extremely versatile in the ways you can add color also. Here are a few samples I've discovered so far.


This first card was done for the H2H challenge this week. Create something that reminds you of the word "cold". Brrrr! The surrounding mountains look beautiful with a dusting of snow, but quite frankly I'm looking forward to spring and summer. I took inspiration from H2H designer Lisa Stenz this week and opted for a chilly ice cream treat. That's deliciously cold!


For the color ready border on this card I used white acrylic paint mixed with 4-5 drops of Crystal Blue re-inker. I cut the border to the length I needed then painted it and allowed it to dry.

On this next project I directly inked the border on a Cranberry ink pad. I also left it at the 12" length to fit my scrapbook page. This is my end of year pocket page that I have been completing my albums with for a couple years now. I love filling the pocket with special homemade cards and photo's that friends and family have sent for the Holidays.



How cute is this cup cake card? The image is from the same stamp I used on the ice cream cone card. My daughter loved this card when I completed it. My guess is that the border is her favorite color, bright green! Any guesses on how I colored them green? Can you find the other border piece I used?


Here is the other border piece! It's perfect as a little Birthday candle. I left it plain with no added color.

The green border piece was colored with....did you guess it.....CHALK!

Because of the texture of the border, after applying the chalk, the finished piece looks a bit like felt. I experimented with a few chalk colors and really liked the result of the brighter colors. The hot pink really popped, the blue was calming and it even took on a subtle change of color with a really bright yellow. My favorite was the bright green though and I knew my daughter would approve!

Finally, a gorgeous card done with the mellow Miracle papers. I simply left the kraft border in it's natural state. It really adds to the beauty of this card and it was only a matter of trimming, peeling and placing. How easy is that?!


Did I mention there are 50 borders in a package for under $6? Wow, you have to try this product!

7 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

What a great assortment of projects with the Kraft borders. Great tip for coloring them with chalk, would not have thought of that.

Corina said...

Great idea Amy and all your creations are lovely! Thank you for joining us at H2H!

Lorrinda said...

Great post Amy! Thanks for all the coloring tips for the kraft borders! Glad you could play alonhg with our cold challenge at H2H!

Karen Day said...

Love that ice cream cone card (and all that you posted!) Thanks for playing at H2H this week :o)

Melanie said...

Great cards!! Thanks for sharing all your ideas with the craft paper border. They are definitly a new favorite of mine.

Jessica said...

Awesome job with the borders Amy, and I love your ice cream card

Debbie Carriere said...

Love all your projects! Great way to show off the Kraft borders. Thanks for playing along with H2H :)