Friday, August 10, 2012

With Sympathy

I have been playing with several new products in preparation for my Open House event this weekend. One of the new stamps I purchased fits perfectly with this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge. Sympathy cards are not my favorite, but from time to time are needed for rare situations. For the H2H challenge to create a sympathy card I have used the new Words of Comfort stamp set. I also incorporated the new Love Blooms stamp where I got to play with some of our new Alcohol Markers.

This first card uses the Flirty papers and the roses were colored in with markers. I then highlighted them with the new pink Glitz Glitter Gel. It's a vibrant, bright card designed to lift the spirit of the recipient!




This card uses the same rose, but in lighter more subtle colors. I used the Clementine papers with some neutral burlap ribbon and cream pearls. I chose to use the stamps in soft colors to fill in the outline of the rose. I lightly blended the colors together with a blending pen. Simply elegant.


3 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Both versions of the card are just lovely, Amy. I am so impressed with the entries to this challenge! I love seeing those new markers "in action" and your colour choices for the "perk-up" and "comfort" sentiments are spot-on! Its always inspiring to see your work, at H2H Challenges, thanks!

Unknown said...

Love all your cards...these are gorgeous and so wonderfully created. Thanks for playing with us this week at H2H Challenge.

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Beautiful cards, love the two versions. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week.