Monday, August 27, 2018

Diamonds are a Scrapbooks Best Friend!

Creating a background to your scrapbook pages can be as easy as a repeating shape! Close To My Heart featured a gorgeous single page layout on their Instagram at the beginning of August. {You should follow them, there is always new inspiration!} It was simply a diamond shape that was repeated across the entire background of the base page. They repeated a few papers from various paper collections in our current Idea Book. Feeling inspired I gave it a try with some new papers that you will see in the new Idea Book launching on September 1st.



I distressed all the edges before lining them in the center of my layout. I them worked towards the outside being sure to mix the colors and patterns in an appealing manner.


I finished my layout with a photo mat, some chipboard title and hearts, shimmer thread and finally some sparkly bling gems. This paper collection is called Boutique and is such a subtle, beautiful blend of greys, blues, pink and yellow. You are going to see many projects using this collection come September! Stay tuned!

No comments: