Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday Treat Holders

Being a parent volunteer at your child's elementary school takes time and creativity. For my daughter's leadership group they decided to take turns celebrating each other's Birthdays. If the student is not celebrating their birthday for that month, then they bring a little goodie in for the birthday guys or gals that are celebrating. As I drove home from the school I thought and thought about a cool little treat. Once home I begin my search through magazines and internet sites. Big thanks to another talented Close To My Heart consultant for showing her Halloween treat holder plus tutorial video. I completely simplified them though since I will be making a total of 35 or so before the school year is up. I chose boy and girl colors and it worked out that I was able to use some of the retiring colors as well.


As you lift the front flap the mini hershey bar will pop-up from the inside. I tried to show this in these pictures. It really was easier than I first suspected!



Ta~Da....candy time!


Cardstock and stamp is all Close To My Heart. Don't you just love that label stamp? It's the stamp of the month for October. I will be posting more artwork using this stamp set, stay tuned!

No comments: