Tuesday, October 21, 2008

November Scramp Club Project

Every month I hold a Scramp Club. I try to give the ladies a variety of projects, but every once in awhile I will make just page layouts. This month I wanted to show them how to add additional protected photo's or journaling. This is a great technique for adding to your pages without having to remove the entire page from the sheet protector. Perfect for those of us with little kids that adore flipping through the pages of our scrapbooks.
In this photo you will see that I have also used a random stamp resist technique. Using the Nature's Vein MyAcrylix I stamp randomly in clear ink then heat emboss with a clear embossing powder. I continue stamping leaves now in fall ink colors. Final step would be to sponge a brown ink all over the base page. This technique makes a soft, warm textured background paper that is easy and fun.

I stamped the base and vein of the leaf on solid cardstock, cut them out, then lightly crumpled them to create a real looking leaf. I embellished them all together with some clear buttons that have solid cardstock liquid glassed behind them and thread with floss.

No comments: