Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry "Elf"mas!

All month long I enjoy going to my mailbox to see what cards have been sent. I especially love the photo's everyone sends. For the last couple years I have just taped them to a column in my home. This year I wanted to create a better and more fun way to display them. I had this frame laying around for some time now. The glass broke out of it, but the frame was still in good shape. So I covered a piece of cardboard with some Cranberry and New England Ivy cardstock. I adhered a strip of B&T across the center then laid strips of twill ribbon in a grid pattern across the entire surface. The grid is not perfect, it's meant to be a bit crazy and whimsical. I held them in place with New England Ivy and Cranberry big brads. It is already filled with family photo's and there are more coming. I guess I need to make another frame!!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a great idea. I love it.
Merry Christmas.