Friday, March 5, 2010

Seriously Girlfriend it's a Party!

My daughter and I had a super creative bonding moment last Saturday. Her and I sat in my craft room and we picked out all the colors and stamps that we wanted to use to make her super Rockin' Birthday invites. She played a huge part in the design and helped out with several jobs.

We started with a page, random stamped on White Daisy with the Star Power and Ms. Chillin' stamp sets. Her color choices were bright and bold just like her personality. Here is the page:




Once the random stamping was complete came the chaos. Time to cut papers, stamp, color, emboss, ink, sand.... whew! Are we ready to assemble yet?



My daughters idea was to make each of them different. Not a single invite is the same. She did a fabulous job coloring all the girls on the card. I would have just made a solid shirt color with a solid pant color, but not her. She did them so colorful, like tie die, she called it "Rupert" style! {Rupert is a Hero contestant on Survivor}



Here's one of the cards up close:




The inside, just like the outside, was done in a different color for each card.



Wait til' you see the Birthday banner I've been creating for her all week long. It was a surprise for her, although I have my doubts that she didn't peek a little into my craft room!!! I'll post pictures of it soon, so come on back!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

These are awesome! You both did a fantastic job!!

Wendy K. said...

Awesome background paper!!

Unknown said...

oh I'm so glad I found your blog ;)
I need some inspiration for my soon to be 12 year old invites, and ofcourse she wants a girls rock party too.
I do have this set ;)
not of the girl but the guitar. I think I will have to CASE your background paper ;)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the random stamping and the colors you used.