Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Purple Flowers ~ Ribbons & Real

If you were to ask me which color I use the least in my crafting, I would tell you purple. However, when it's paired with my favorite color, green, then I really love it.

There is a wonderful new challenge blog called Heart 2 Heart Challenges which just launched their first challenge. I saw these ribbon flowers on one of the cards by Tracey Mason. She gives instructions to make them over on her blog. I wanted to give them a try right away. They were simple to do, yet I may need a bit more practice.




Now having said that my least favorite color when crafting is purple, I do love to use it in my landscaping. The drab desert that surrounds us needs a burst of color and purple is just the color! Here are a couple pics from my backyard. I look forward to picnics under the willow tree as the weather gets warmer!




Card details: Pattern from Originals Program, A Message Secured, Colors: Smokey Plum, Olive, White Daisy, Pansy Purple (organdy ribbon), Creme Brulee (grosgrain ribbon), White daisy brads & eyelet, Stamps: Endless Friendship, April Word Puzzle

No comments: