Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Baby Shower

Over the last couple of weeks I've been planning a baby shower for one of my friends. It was a surprise party. She thought she was coming to our monthly scrapbooking class and tried to cancel several times. Needless to say she made it and was pleasantly surprised.

I decided to make it a "Baby Circus" theme. I used the It's a Zoo stamp and lighter pretty colors as she is having a little girl! I created tissue paper decorations with each little zoo animal in the center as well as a "baby" banner.









Look at my cupcakes~ I knew I wanted to make Red Velvet and totally love Retro Bakery cupcakes. Unable to make the trip there, I made my own. The cake was from a basic southern cooking recipe and I did some research on the icing. I knew that Retro Bakery only makes a pure butter cream frosting and adds a bit of almond flavoring. I found a recipe that came out pretty darn close to the bakery version. I was so happy they turned out well. They were finished off with a few colorful sprinkles to match those on the circus animal cookies.



For each place setting I adorned the plate with salt water taffy wrapped in pretzel bags. I created pouches for the water bottles with crystal light flavorings. They featured a different animal on each and fun ruffled ribbon.



I recycled larger crystal light containers for the goodie prizes. It sure makes a prize more fun and colorful. My daughter's favorite was the whoopi cushion prize for guessing the candy bar in the poopy diapers!!



Dolled up clothespins for the word "baby" game.

and that's not all folks: I also put together the cutest gift basket for the mommy~to~be with a darling decorated frame inside. Come on back soon for more pics.

No comments: