Thursday, June 3, 2010

School's Out!!

As of this afternoon... school is out for summer!!! Before we departed we needed to say our "Thanks" and show some gratitude.

This first project was for a friend and customer. She is new to scrapbooking and wanted to make something creative for her sons teachers. She likes the recycled crystal light containers so we whipped these up in less than an hour. She did most of the work and was really happy with the results.



Here are a few gift bags filled with goodies for my daughter's teachers. I used the same apple stamp again on brown bags. I created little tags and tied the colorful tissue paper together with twine.




And of course, you can't forget the SWEETS!!! I just had to bring something fun for the kiddo's! I like to go surfing on the web for ideas, but sometimes I just have to work with what I can find in my small town store!! I originally wanted blue jello and gummy sharks, but we improvised with assorted flavors of sugar-free jello and gummy octopus. To get the ocean effect I swirled some blue food coloring in cool whip and topped each little cup. I used graham cracker crumbs for a mini island and the octopus are chill~laxing in the shade of the umbrella! They were a hit!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the teacher gifts! Great job!!!