Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teacher Banner


My daughter was thrilled to find out that she would have a teacher again this year that she had last year. She is a wonderful instructor and fairly new to teaching. Seeing that her classroom was a little empty, my daughter wanted to create something special for her.

I flipped through my Cricut Art Philosophy booklet and gave my daughter all sorts of options to choose from. {There are 700 images on this cartridge you know!} She chose the scallop banner and insisted on the layered butterfly. She also picked out some Wings paper which was a perfect fit for that butterfly image. The Cricut practically did all the cutting. My daughter inked and pieced everything together. I only helped with the ribbon connecting each pennant.

Bottom line~ The Cricut is so easy to use a "middle-schooler" can do it. A cute and simple project. Her teacher really liked it too!



1 comment:

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

OHHH! great idea! I will be a vendor at an upcoming all day crop--and I was going to make a Close to My Heart banner ("to my" on one piece) using the "My Creations Banner"--But now I think I'll use the AP cartridge! Thank you to you and your daughter for inspiring!