Friday, February 8, 2013

Bicycle Canvas Art

I have a fun project to share with you today. One of the newest Home Decor items available in the Spring Idea Book are these awesome 6x6 canvas displays. I of course had to go with a bicycle theme!

I am also entering this at Heart 2 Heart Challenges this week for their Home Decor challenge! I can't wait to add more canvas displays of my favorite things and create a whole wall in my scrap room!!



The canvas display comes in a natural color. I roughly painted the sides and about 1 inch from the edges on the top. I used this great paint color called Caribbean, but it reminds me of Close To My Heart's Lagoon color!


I then used Mod Podge to adhere a square of the chevron patterned For Always paper. I let that dry over night then added the other elements which included some Chantilly papers, embossed bicycle, color ready ribbon, and a chipboard bubble with an embossed sentiment.


I love how cute it turned out! Can you imagine several colorful variations decorating a lonely space on your wall! Be sure to check out the other creations for your home decorating needs at Heart2Heart!

4 comments:

Haley D. said...

Fabulous frame! I love everything about it, especially how you painted that lovely Lagoon on the canvas itself. Thanks for sharing with us @ H2H!

Laurel said...

I love this!

Tamytha said...

This absolutely could not be any cuter! Like Haley, I love everything about it! The colors, the patterns...everything! So glad you played along with us at Heart 2 Heart this week! :)

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! I am loving those little canvases myself. The creative possibilities are endless! Thanks for playing along with H2H.