Saturday, February 2, 2013

Paper Pouches and Washi Tape {Spring Open House}

This is the final artwork from my Open House. I mentioned yesterday that there were several new My Creations items including paper pouches. One of the fun new embellishments I did not list is our new washi tape in slate grey! Both are really cool products, but they are awesome together!!

This first project was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. It's the simple idea of dressing up a plain tealight candle. When cleverly packaged in a decorated pouch it becomes a sweet gift or wedding favor!


These paper pouches can easily be stamped on. This one is the small size measuring 3x4, the large paper pouch is 5x6.


The Washi tape is used here to seal the bag closed. The clothespin and smoothie twine make it so cute!


The Washi tape was simply wrapped around the metal base of the tealight.




I also created some paper pouch valentines!


Again I just stamped directly on the pouch leaving a space for my Cricut Artiste mustache. {I "must ask" you?}


Then I slipped a piece of kraft cardstock inside stamped with a valentine message. I created a little frame with the chalkboard marker and stamped a polka dotted heart from the Whooo's Your Valentine kit. Add some yummy chocolate and you have a fun and unique valentine....no more store bought valentines!!!


Thanks for checking out my Open House, hope you were inspired! Come back anytime for more new items and art from my heart!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very very cute! I like seeing a few of the older stampsets too :)

Pam said...

these are wonderful use of Close to my Heart projects! Thanks for sharing.