Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Buzzing with Best Wishes Grad!

I have never created so many graduation cards until this year! I suppose it's because my own kids are close to graduation and all of their friends are too! Also, many of my friends all had children around the same time as me!! Regardless the reason, I have lots of creating to do.

My card today features the lovely Buzz & Bumble papers and embellishments. I am submitting this card for a couple of challenges. The first challenge uses the sketch this week on The Paper Players. I love the graphic blocks of patterned paper and that scroll feature!

The second challenge is for Heart 2 Heart. Their Nip & Tuck theme this week challenges us to use real or faux stitching. I chose faux, because I love how quick and easy the technique. It gives the project the same effect as real stitching without the extra work of dragging a sewing machine out of the closet!



This is certainly not a "typical" graduation card, but neither is the recipient! I wanted a gorgeous, classy card, because the young lady receiving is just that!

5 comments:

Haley D. said...

Your card is lovely! The stitching really pops. Thanks for taking the H2H Nip & Tuck challenge!

Amy O said...


What a pretty card! I love the faux stitching and your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Hansi Brittain said...

This is beautiful! I love how the boldness of your "stitching" stands out against the softness of the rest of the card and how it directs you to the sentiment.

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty, and I am sure the recipient will appreciate it! Thanks for making my sketch look so awesome this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a gorgeous card, Amy! This is one of the reasons why you were chosen for the H2H guest designer for June! ;-)