Saturday, September 20, 2008

Accidental Creation



While I was making my flip card I originally stamped this flower in clear ink and embossed it. I then proceeded to sponge ink around the embossed image and decided I did not care for it and set it aside on my desk. I came back to it a few days later and decided to try and salvage it. I started by brushing on some liquid glass, sprinkling clear embossing powder over it and a touch of glitter then heating it. I realized that the liquid glass could be a little bit thicker so I repeated the whole process over again. This time while heating, it began to bubble. "Oh, my" I thought, "hope this thing doesn't catch fire!" I watched as it slowly transformed and began bursting the bubbles with the pointed end of my paint brush. It just sort-a crinkled and crackled a bit and I decided NOW I like it and would attach it to a project. I came up with this simple card, did a scallop edge, added the sentiment, brads and ribbon. Voila, a beautiful card.... or an accidental creation?

No comments: