Thursday, July 8, 2010

H2H Sketch Challenge ~ City Scape

Heart 2 Heart Blog this week is challenging us to a Sketch in the gorgeous Wishes book. It's called City Scape and is actually a very small 4 3/4 x 3" card. It's a simple sketch and really leaves a lot to the imagination. Here is the sketch~


I took the sketch and flipped it 180` for my card, like this~


I also made my card so that it had a "flap" opening rather than just a standard side opening. Here it is~


Look closely and you'll see the the "flap" tucks inside the card stock piece on top.



Here's a time saving idea: To create the piece of card stock on the front with all the sentiments, I laid all the words and phrases I wanted to use on a larger block then stamped it all at once. You can do this with different shapes, flowers, numbers etc. to create a background stamp too!



4 comments:

Michele said...

Great Card, Love the colors and clever idea with reversing it and adding the little tuck detail!

Karen Day said...

Like your word-stamped background!

Mary said...

Great tip and I love how you used the sketch in a different way - Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Katy said...

Love it, Amy!!! Thanks for flipping the sketch...it's nice to see the version you're working from when you take a different approach!