Thursday, August 19, 2010

For Teacher

The days of summer are almost over and we are gearing up for school. For this card I wanted to try a few techniques. The first is paper ruffling with ordinary copy paper. I saw this done on one of Tresa Black's Ustream video's. I used the ink pad and rubbed it directly to the paper concentrating more ink on the edges. I then folded the paper in a pleated fashion.

Another technique was creating the look of a chalkboard like the one you see on the ticket shape "ABC" title. I stamped the ticket frame and alphabet letters in embossing ink on black card stock and then embossed it in white powder. You could also stamp in white pigment ink and allow to dry for a more 'chalky' look. Lots of other fun stuff was added to this card, hope you like!




No comments: