Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Five & a Sensational Summer Salad

Hooray! My color challenge card was chosen for the Friday Five on H2H. I'm so glad they liked it. I actually caught myself looking at it again on the shelf in my scrap room. I am just so amazed that these colors worked so well together. I would have never thought to put them together myself.

Time for some more food! In honor of my Recipe Box Workshop taking place in just over a week I am posting some of my recent favorite recipes.

Summer is the perfect season for grilling! Lately I have been grilling fish or chicken on the grill with a ton of veggies like zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions, corn..... you get the idea. My platters contain more veggies than chicken or fish really. However, if I ever have some grilled chicken leftover this is what I love to do with it~



The next day I will prepare a box of Suddenly Salad according to directions on box. My favorite is the basil & pesto. {I believe its only available for a limited time, bummer}

Once prepared I take the leftover grilled chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.

I also chop a medium cucumber and cut cherry tomatoes in half.

I layer some salad greens over the pasta, the cucumber, tomatoes, chicken and finally top it all with some feta cheese.

YUMM-O! I could eat this for lunch and dinner the next day. It's refreshing and full of flavor, and yes my kids eat it too!

~~~~~~Now go grill something and tell me all about it!~~~~~~

No comments: