Recipe for soup: (edited)
6 cups vegetable broth (divided)
4 dried shiitake mushrooms
3 green onions with tops
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1-2 tsp Thai red curry paste
2 medium carrots
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 pkg. firm tofu
1. Pour 1/2 cup of broth in microwave bowl and heat on high 30-60 seconds or until boiling. Remove from microwave. Add mushrooms; let stand 10 minutes. Remove mushrooms from broth and thinly slice; set aside in broth.
2. As mushrooms soak, slice green onions; set green tops aside for garnish. Heat a large pot or casserole over medium high heat 1-3 minutes or until hot. Add remaining onions; cook and stir 1 minute or until tender. Add remaining broth, vinegar, soy sauce, curry paste and mushroom mixture. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Peel carrots and julienne into short strips. Add carrots to soup; reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
4. Whisk together cornstarch and water in same bowl. Whisk into soup; simmer 5 minutes. Meanwhile, drain tofu and cut into 1/2 in. cubes; add to soup.
5. Remove pot/casserole from heat. Lightly beat eggs in small bowl; drizzle into soup. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Garnish with reserved onion tops and serve.
I also served my soup with some baked veggie rolls and brewed some organic tea to sip with our Asian inspired meal.
Hope you will give it a try and let me know what you think. Check back soon for more ideas that I will be cooking or baking in my kitchen. ; )