Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Party 2011 ~ Invites

As promised, more party pics! Well not actually the party, that happens tomorrow! However, I do have pictures of the invitations that were sent out weeks ago.

I did a full 12x12 sheet of card stock with a pattern stamping. I used one of the flourishes from the Wings Workshop on the Go stamp set. I did lots of rock & rolling to create a 'wave' of colors. Like a rainbow each color blends into the other. Once the entire sheet was covered I cut them into 2x5 inch sections. Lots of new summer colors here too; pear, sky, sunset, cotton candy, lagoon and sunflower.



I then adhered the stamped sections onto black card stock and then on a white card base. I used the Trees & Things stamp to create a banner of lanterns and simply stamped a sentiment. Here they are~


Here are just a few samples so that you can see how each card turns out so unique. Some have more yellow's and oranges, while others are blue and green or pink and purple!



I'm simply "Mad" for this technique! More of our "Mad Tea Party" pics coming soon!!

2 comments:

Justine said...

LOVE the background stamping!!!! Consider this idea scraplifted! TFS

fleurty scrapper....Linda Fleur said...

What a great idea for background stamping--genius! I have to try it.