Monday, October 17, 2011

Pin-a-Pic

I would like to dedicate this week as "Giving Back Week". I don't know about you, but I enjoy volunteering and giving back to my community whenever possible. If you have followed my blog over the years you know that I'm always posting my projects for school or church programs. I have hosted the annual Chili Cook Off at my parish for a couple of years now. This coming Saturday I will host it once again to raise money for our children's Faith Formation program. I will show goodies I've been making for that later this week. But first, I would like to share some projects I have been working on for one of our local elementary schools.

A couple of my customers, and good friends, have been responsible for the Santa Shop that opens every December for students of the school. They make several hand-made crafts to sell at a minimal cost to students so that they can give Christmas gifts to their parents, grand-parents and siblings. The money raised goes back to the school and ultimately back to the students. I was able to create a few items for them last year, but wanted to do more this year.

My first idea comes from the multi talented Nona Davenport. I created some designer clothespins and packaged them neatly with a cord of twine. The kids can give this as a gift and even choose some family pictures to hang from the line! I call them "Pin-a-Pics".















Be sure to come back all week to see more projects and inspiration to "Give Back"!

4 comments:

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

What an awesome idea!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

What a wonderful idea and you packaged them so nicely:)

Nickie Hoffer said...

Can I case these and give you the credit for creating them. I love them.

Becky G. said...

Amy may I also case these I will give you credit. Thanks Becky