Sunday, March 3, 2019

Quilting Beyond Cards

We had fun creating some cards this past Friday using the Stitching Thin Cuts. The possibilities of shapes, papers and colors can be creative and experimental. Why not go beyond just a greeting card? Think bigger like a scrapbook layout!

Here is a single page layout I created using one of the chevron shapes in a variety of new and retired papers. It was fun to experiment with the different patterns, colors and overall design of the page. This is a page for my son who will be graduating soon from the U.S. Marine Corps Boot Camp. This is the last picture we took together and just the beginning of a very big, life altering experience for both of us!!





I would also like to mention that the title for my page actually came from the Craft With Heart subscription layout for the month of January. I had a hard time seeing any recent photo's of mine fitting with the theme as it is, so I altered it for my own personal purpose.


I hope you can see how the faux quilting can be used for not only cards, but can expand to your bigger scrapbooking layouts. When these Thin Cuts become available again, I recommend you add them to your cart a.s.a.p.!

No comments: