Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Baking

This is the time of year that I love to make a mess in my kitchen and create goodies to munch on while we watch Christmas movies. Here are some new items I tried this year for the first time. I always make sugar cookies, but they are much more fun on a stick! I love making the cream cheese sugar cookies. They stay extra moist and are not as sweet. You can find the recipe here.
I whipped up a powdered sugar icing to sandwich 2 cookies together with a wooden stick between them. I just used can frosting for the outlining and letters to spell "NOEL".



Here's a super simple idea to jazz up your candy canes! I melted down semi-sweet chocolate and dipped the end of the candy cane. Let them set up on waxed paper in your fridge for awhile. Then melt down some white chocolate and drizzle back and forth. Again let them set in your fridge until your ready to eat them or dip them in a cup of steaming hot cocoa!!

No comments: