Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Ornament Exchange

Along with the Christmas card exchange this past weekend, we also did a secret ornament exchange. The ladies brought their ornament in a plain brown bag and then we drew tickets to see who received each bag. The creativity was amazing as each ornament was revealed. There were no rules to use Close To My Heart product, they could choose any medium they desired.

Here is the ornament I made, but as a consultant I did choose CTMH product simply to show off the product versatility! I used a couple pieces from the Mix -n- Mingle album, one is chipboard the other piece is clear. I covered the chipboard piece in paper from Magnifique. I then created a bottom border on the clear page with cardstock, the Captured Moments stamp and liquid applique. I finished the top corners with some heavenly blue buttons.


To attach the two pieces I used Velcro dots so that the top layer can be removed and the recipient can place a photo inside.

Here are the pieces separated. If you use a non permanent adhesive the photo can be changed from year to year if desired.


Sweet lollipop ornament~


Santa ornament~

Merry mittens~

Mr. snowman~


Lastly, this is the ornament I received in the exchange. Just lovely!

Pink poinsettia ornament~


No comments: