Friday, September 21, 2012

Cupcake Cushion

Today is my Birthday so I decided to make myself a cupcake! It has layers of icing and a cherry on top! The best part is that this cupcake has zero calories!!


I recently picked up some of these pearl straight pins for another project and decided I needed a clever way to store them. I have seen this idea out there for a pin cushion. I used the fabulous Close To My Heart products to create this. I started with a cupcake liner base cut on the Artiste Cricut Cartridge. I glued a foam styrofoam ball to the inside. I then hot glued some tulip pleated ribbon onto the styrofoam working from the bottom to almost the very top. A sheer white ribbon fills in the tippy top with a wooden bead and rolled cardstock stem for the cherry on top! So cute and useful!

3 comments:

Karen Day said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! Love your cupcake :o)

Jody Gustafson said...

Happy Birthday wishes to you! Love your cupcake. I think I might make one for my birthday. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amy Moore said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes Blog sisters! Everyone should have a cute cupcake on their Birthday!!