Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cards on the Move

Did you get some creative therapy last Saturday on National Card Making Day? I started my day with a Christmas project then "moved" on to a bulk card making session. My mom is moving out of state and the whole packing process has not been easy. I thought it would be nice to create some moving cards for her to send out to family and friends. One less thing she needs to worry about as she begins the un~packing process.
I get my love for autumn colors from my mom. Her home is decorated in warm tones of orange, green, yellow and brown. I used those colors with the Welcome Home stamp set. I added touches of ribbon and Autumn Terracotta brads as buttons in the pillows of the couch. There are a few layers, but nothing too fancy. I especially like the sentiment I chose. Instead of just a boring "I moved" message, I chose to stamp "Home" on the front and a message from a Christmas stamp set inside. "Home, it's greatest gifts are family and friends" Don't you just love that? I printed out a bunch of labels with her new address to insert inside the card as well as adhered them to the envelopes for her too!


Finally, I used a brown bag, a little larger than a lunch sack, and put all the cards inside. I decorated the front of the bag to look like a scene inside a home and used ribbon to tie it all together. I will surprise my mom with them once we get her situated in her new home!



Scince I will be assisting my mom on her big move this weekend I will do Frightful Friday on Thursday. I will also give you some Christmas Card inspiration tomorrow instead of Saturday. Sorry for the change in postings, but I promise it will be delightful!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is such a great gift. I LOVE that brown bag and what you did with it!