Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkin and Glitter

It's Frightful Friday! I'll give you some sweets first. I made this wonderful pecan pumpkin bread on Monday. The kids and I were home from school and I was cleaning house and catching up on laundry. I had this bread mix from Williams~Sonoma and baked it in the afternoon. I can't decide which part is my favorite; smelling the bread baking throughout the whole house or getting the perfect bite of moist pumpkin bread with a little smudge of cream cheese frosting. So good, it all makes me very happy!





The project for this week is not so frightful. It reminds me of a vintage decoration. It is actually a little "BOO" sign made from cardstock, some old B&T papers and a mix of ribbons. Unlike last Friday I used very traditional Halloween colors; black, orange and white. Rather than a bright white though I used Colonial White. The letters were traced from chipboard on black cardstock, mounted on Colonial White then glittered with a copper color. They were then glue dotted to accordian folded sheets of B&T paper. A few stamped images and a Happy Halloween sentiment with a cute bat was added. I think it looks better in person, must be having a bad photo day!



No comments: