Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sugar Rush

What a crazy week and it's not over yet! Take a look at just some of the goodies created in the kitchen this week. My daughter's school hosted a "Boo" night with carnival games, costumes and a bake sale. I made caramel from scratch and covered some apples. I also dipped half of the apples in semi-sweet chocolate and then drizzled them with white chocolate. They were very yummy. One of the parents who bought five of them said they looked gourmet! What a great compliment to hear after all the hard work :)











Just for fun I used some of the left over caramel to make "Monster Mashed Up Popcorn Balls"! They are made with a kettle korn pop corn, pecans, chex cereal and creamy caramel. They will be a perfect snack while watching Halloween movies!



Do you remember my post a couple weeks back on the Apple Pocket Pies? I have the pumpkin shaped molds too & knew they would be perfect for a bake sale item. Well, these babies went like hot cakes ... or should I say pocket pies! The rafia and ribbon tied them up beautifully and I stamped a little pie from the Recipe Box stamp set.






With the left over pie filling I whipped up a couple of morning muffins. I just added a few more ingredients including chocolate chips and walnuts. The kids loved them.




Here is my daughter enjoying one of the muffins in the morning as she gets ready for Pajama Day at school. She was dressed up in Halloween PJ's complete with wild socks and crazy hair!



I just love that she still allows me to dress her up and fuss with her hair. How "spooktacular" are her locks? We decided that crazy bun~buns all over with fantastic halloween ribbon would do the trick. She really enjoys being different and having fun no matter what anyone else thinks and thats pretty cool!




I'll be back tomorrow with some more creations I've done this week including your Frightful Friday project!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!!! I wish I could have bought some of your goodies..wow! It all looked amazing. My fav pics are of your DD's hair though...she looks brilliant!